Saturday, September 24, 2011

Birthday :)

Today (well its after midnight now so I guess yesterday) was my birthday. It was a really nice day that consisted of Skypeing with my psych class, eating Chipotle at the movies with mom (we saw Moneyball, in case you were wondering. It was pretty good), napping, getting ready for family dinner, and eating at a delicious restaurant :) I really couldn't have asked for more- it was kinda perfect.
I must admit it was weird not being in school and seeing my friends on my birthday for the first time since I can remember. I got many lovely texts and calls and wall posts though, wishing me a happy birthday (thanks everyone!) Psych class also sang to me (and Noah) via Skype :)
As far as other birthday plans go, I'm having dinner with my friends tomorrow night which I'm super excited about and then on Sunday, we're going to the Mets-Phillies game (GO PHILLIES!!!! I'm a little obsessed with them) which I'm also super excited about. Let's just hope this little slump they're going through doesn't extend through the weekend (sorry if you don't like baseball and have no idea what I'm talking about).
My room was also just finished being painted (yay!) It's a really pretty blueish color that goes great with my new silver-gray sheets. Now all I need is my Aunt Jane to help me with some fun decorations and new furniture and I'm all set! woohooo :)
I'm kinda trying to cram my weekend with lots of fun things because on Monday I'll be starting a new treatment cycle which means my counts will go down again and I won't feel as good as I do now. All I can say is that I'm really glad that my counts came up when they did!

I know it's been a little while since I've posted so I just wanted to give this quick little update. I do have a lot more treatment information and updates on how everything's going but I don't feel like writing it all down now so I'll try to post again tomorrow. I'm also being interviewed tomorrow by my mom's friend who is writing an article about childhood Leukemia. I don't really know what to expect but I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again for the birthday wishes and the support and for reading!

Love always,
Ella <3

2 comments:

  1. Wow Ella,
    Do you realize how special you are? You wrote that your birthday was "kinda perfect" and you couldn't have asked for anything more. What an incredibly unique individual you are, to be so accepting of your situation, and so grateful for the good that you do experience. You are truly an inspiration!
    We, too, are awfully glad that you got this window of time with good blood counts to enjoy lots of things that you like. Good luck with the coming treatments and the hard week ahead. You've got tons of ppl you don't even know praying for you. Tks for keeping us updated. We look forward to each post!

    ReplyDelete